Anglia Ruskin University-Cambridge is launching it’s Submission call for their first Anthology…NOW!
To A.R.U. Alums, past and present, of all makes and models (any discipline) that ARU Anthology @aruanthology want you!
Submissions Guide below;
The first Anglia Ruskin anthology of creative writing
Please make sure you read carefully before submitting
- You must be either a current or past student of Anglia Ruskin University.
- All submissions should be in English.
- Submissions can be on any subject.
- Submissions should be your own work.
- All work must be unpublished at time of submission.
- The deadline for submissions is June 30 2015.
- Word limits:
Short stories can be up to 2000 words in length;
Flash fiction up to 300 words;
Poems up to 40 lines.
- You may submit a maximum of two pieces of work – either two stories, or two poems, or two pieces of flash fiction, or any combination.
- All work should be double-spaced on A4 pages, with pages numbered.
- Font should be Times New Roman, 12 point.
- All pages should be headed with the title of your work.
- Your name should not appear on any page except the cover page as all submissions will be judged anonymously.
- We ask that if you have also submitted, or plan to submit, your work to other publications/websites, you inform us immediately if it is to appear elsewhere.
- All work should have a cover page which includes your name, address, telephone number and email address, the year(s) you were a student at ARU and title of your degree course, plus the title of your work and a word/line count.
- If submitting more than one piece of work, please submit as separate files.
- No alterations may be made to a piece of work once submitted.
- There is no submission fee.
How To Enter
- Send your work in Word format via email to email@example.com
- You will receive an acknowledgement via email once your work is received.
- All contributors will be notified via email if their work has been successful or unsuccessful by August 31 2015.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- There will be a judging panel of MA Creative Writing students and an ARU lecturer in Creative Writing.
- The publication date of the anthology is October 2015.
- Copyright of any story/poem remains with the author.
- The anthology will be published in print, e-book and, if possible, audiobook format and be offered for sale in the public domain. All sale proceeds will be used to cover the production and launch costs and any residual will be put aside for the production of future anthologies.